Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vintage Love



Ok... Here it is! My Vintage Love Page. So by posting this that means I didn't get the page call but that's ok.... I LOVE this page! The pictures are not the best as I had to take them at night.. Need to learn more about flash.. Maybe DH could teach me some tricks :)
I think what makes it special to me are all the little elements that I used from my grandmother's craft box I inherited when she passed. I handmade the paper roses and the hat pin. This picture is from 1951 and the picture (under my grandparents) is a picutre of a love poetry book that my grandmother started the year she was married (in 1944). The picture behind the title is also from her book. The leaves are vintage lace that I got from her box, along with the bits of costume jewelry in the roses. The lace and binding tape is also from her. I also used vintage music sheet and text paper in my 'quilted' pattern paper that I made. I also did do alot of distressing on this one.

Thanks for looking! We are all at home today sick... :( So I think movies and cuddling on the couch will be the plan for today!

2 comments:

tricia said...

WOW! Gorgeous layout!!! LOVE the flowers!

Ellen said...

FAB FAB FAB... love it!