Friday, June 12, 2009

Read to Me



I have finally played along over at Scrapjacked! This is an older page but it was a perfect fit! Yay! Wish me luck!
Original Post:
I just wanted to play some more with my homemade 'glimmer mists' and this was the perfect page for it. I took a piece of yellow cardstock and some negative space from a chipboard set of letters I had kept (i keep everything :) and created a mask with that. Then I found this beautiful illustration in one my many vintage kids books and had to use it - so magical. Then I found some great book related items such as an old library card and envelope and lots of vintage book pages. I had this cute little owl sticker that said something (can't remember what) so I moved the owl to the top of the sticker to hide the wording and used the little stickers to create my own embelli. I used a Melissa Francis stamp onto the vintage text and cut out for the flowery pieces, I rubbed-on some silver alpha's randomly on the bottom of the page. I used some October Afternoon scraps that I had from the Crop Suey kit and a doily sprayed with my own teal spray ink. Some teal ribbon, some Basic Grey alpha chipboard with red embroidery thread and that was it! Loved doing this one....I just LOVE having my own space!
Thanks for looking!

1 comment: