Friday, February 5, 2010

Crop Suey Challenge #2

Crop Suey's 2nd challenge is up and it's my turn to play! This challenge is about a special man in your life. You can make anything you want - a card, layout, mixed media, tag, gift.... anything goes! Make sure to check out what the other fabulous Crop Chicks have created!

Here's my take on the challenge. I decided since Valentine's Day is just around the corner I wanted to make a Vday card for my hubby from Parker and I. I used three envelopes to make the card/mini album. I have been wanting to do one of these ever since I saw the how-to's on Heather Nichols blog (click on link to see tutorial). I used mostly BG Bittersweet papers and some vintage papers. I used regular shipping tags and my Distress Inks. Lots of stiching as usual and I used some old stickers from my stash from many years ago (hearts and fabric tags). I also used some vintage buttons that I used on the front cover to keep the 'book' closed.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to play along at Crop Suey!
Inside Flap
Inside Opened Up
Close Up of Inside

Photo of Parker & I that goes in middle envelope
My Valentine letter to hubby

Parker's Valentine to Daddy

No comments: