Friday, December 11, 2009

Gift card holders - family members do not read further!


As per my usual self, I try to make most of my gifts and I LOVE to make nice packaging for my store bought gifts. This year I am giving some giftcards and thought it would be nice to make some nice holders for them. I also have a collection of toilet paper rolls for my son to craft and thought that I would use them myself. So by using some new stamps I bought, some staz-0n, fabric, scraps of music paper, lace, and some old holly I could make some pretty nice gift card holders.

I took the toilet paper rolls and using my decorative cutters I cut the ends then stiched the one end closed. I then stamped some fabric with some staz-on and my Prima bingo stampo. Then I stiched that onto some Martha Stewart xmas papers. I had also stamped my new xmas stamps onto some tags then stiched around the edges. I also then stiched on some lace and music sheet paper onto the paper then adhered the stamp and holly on. The gift cards (still have to purchase - yes I am a last minute xmas shopper!) are then wrapped with tissue paper and adorned with ribbon and glitter stars. Easy peasy! I did do it like a factory line and it went by so quick. Also used some Making Memories little letter stickers for the recipients name. Hope they like it. Think that next year I will make an advent calendar out of these with numbers on the front and using wire or pipe cleaners will make little 'buckets' out of them!

Happy holiday crafting!

No comments: